Wednesday 30 May 2012

DESIGN DEVELOPMENT

TUTORIAL FEEDBACK!
We had tutuorials yesterday and I was not happy with my design at all.
I liked it originally when it was simple and the way I had been going about orientating views was just not working. The plan was too chaotic and there was far too many different spaces being made purely due to pathways and connections to other spaces.

I took this to Yvonne and she like the more angular design but we discussed this and came to the conclusion it needs to be a mixture. At this stage it is ALL chaotic and angular. Now I need to simply my building so it has a strong central component/s and create the landscape as you would if you were designing a japanese gardens. I will lose the angles and look into the asymetrical as seen in their gardens. I will look at an organic surrounding for the 3 buildings and they will still be orientated towards views only this time they will be much more clean and elegant shapes.

I will begin to look at spaces under the earth as a humbling experience as seen in the Peter Zumthor building.
Travel back to framing views as seen the example.
And will look at Japanese garden design





No comments:

Post a Comment